P/S 860 Class B-1/6 is a quick repair aircraft integral fuel tank sealant. It has a service temperature range from -65°F (-54°C) to 250°F (121°C), with intermittent excursions up to 275°F (135°C). This material is designed for fillet sealing of fuel tanks and other aircraft fuselage sealing applications. The cured sealant maintains excellent elastomeric properties after prolonged exposure to jet fuel and aviation gas.
P/S 860 Class B-1/6 is a two-part, manganese dioxide cured polysulfide compound. The uncured material is a low sag, thixotropic paste suitable for application by extrusion gun. It has excellent adhesion to common aircraft substrates when correctly primed with PR-148 Adhesion Promoter.
Technical Data Sheet for P/S-860 (pdf)
Mix according to the ratios indicated in the application properties section. Mix Part A and Part B separately to uniformity, then thoroughly mix the entire contents of both parts to avoid leaving unmixed areas around the sides or bottom of the mixing container.
The storage life of P/S 860 Class B-1/6 is at least 6 months when stored at temperatures below 80°F (27°C) in original, unopened containers.
For industrial use only. Keep away from children.
P/S 860 comes in the following packaged configuration:
- Two-Part Can Kit packaged with part A and part B pre-measured into separate containers.
- Pint Kit with 12 fl. oz. of sealant
- Semkit® package - a complete package assembly that stores, mixes, and applies sealant. Semkit® packages eliminates the labor intensive task of measuring and handling materials, and prevents contamination when opening and closing can kits.
- Model 654 Semkit® with 3-1/2 fl. oz. of sealant in a 6 oz. cartridge
- Model 655 Semkit® with 2 fl. oz. of sealant in a 2-1/2 oz. cartridge
- Other packaging configurations may be available.
Specification information provided for reference purpose only. Review specification QPL for verification or consult with engineering services.