PR-1773 Class B is a low adhesion, non-chromate, corrosion inhibitive sealant. It has a service temperature range from -65°F (-54°C) to 250°F (121°C), with intermittent excursions up to 300°F (149°C). The material is designed for use as an access door sealant or in the fabrication of form-in-place (FIP) gaskets. This material acts as an effective barrier against the common causes of corrosion on aluminum alloys or between dissimilar metals.
PR-1773 Class B is a non-chromate, corrosion inhibitive, two-part, manganese dioxide cured, polysulfide compound. The uncured material is a low sag, thixotropic paste suitable for application by extrusion gun or spatula.
It cures at room temperature to form a resilient sealant having excellent adhesion to common aircraft substrates.
PR-1773 qualifies to AMS 3284 which replaces MIL-S-8784 and AMS 3267. However it is still being qualified to MIL-S-8784.
Technical Data Sheet for PR-1773 Class B (pdf)
PR-1773 comes in the following packaged configuration:
- Two-Part Can Kit packaged with part A and part B pre-measured into separate containers.
- Pint Kit with 12 fl. oz. of sealant
- Semkit® package - a complete package assembly that stores, mixes, and applies sealant. Semkit® packages eliminates the labor intensive task of measuring and handling materials, and prevents contamination when opening and closing can kits.
- Model 654 Semkit® with 3-1/2 fl. oz. of sealant in a 6 oz. cartridge
- Model 655 Semkit® with 2 fl. oz. of sealant in a 2-1/2 oz. cartridge
- Premixed and Frozen (PMF) - Pre-measured mixed material and frozen at extreme low temperature (also shipped and stored frozen). PMF material is the most convenient package configuration for high usage applications, simply thaw and use.
- PMF 2-1/4 fl. oz. of sealant in a 2-1/2 oz. cartridge
- Other packaging configurations may be available.
Specification information provided for reference purpose only. Review specification QPL for verification or consult with engineering services.